Re: [IPk] Good News Or Not?

Hello everyone i would just like to know what everyone keeps talking about as
i am completely lost

----- Original Message -----
From: Jackie Jacombs
Sent: 28 January 2002 23:36
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Good News Or Not?

Hi Dave

You have had some terrible experiences in your life.  Do the doctors think
that your diabetes could have been caused by the steroids that you took for
the kidney problems?  Are your kidneys OK now?

I can begin to imagine how you would have felt having this happen at this
vulnerable age.  One of my best friends at school was Dxed with D at 13 and
she probably felt very lonely as we didn't really understand what she when
through at the time.   We just thought she got on with it but one day she
told me how sick and tired she was of it all.  Back then she was  told to
eat a low carb diet and she had to weigh everything out.  She was allowed to
eat cheese and used to have cheese sandwiches everyday.  When she was older
and we used to   go out for drinks she often used to get moody she was only
supposed to drink one small gin and tonic!!  We just didnt really understand
how she felt we were unable to put ourselves in her shoes.

It's funny how its all changed now with the emphasis on eating more carbs
but some, now  are advocating very low crab diets again.   Who is right?

Anyway, it must have been very hard to find that at such an age where your
physical health is so important that your body was "letting you down".  Very
difficult to  come to terms with that.  I should think that is enough to
have made you feel that you were robbed. You were robbed of your health and
then robbed again, just as things were starting to get better, diabetes came
along.   I hope that the psychiatrists can find a solution to your
depression.  Dont give up you have done some very positive things in the
last few year getting yourself on a pump in the first place is no mean feat.
Take care and tell us how things go.

Mum of Sasha and twin sister Beckie