Re: [IPk] Diet, Exercise + raised BGMs

Hi Bev

I am just wondering, reading your mail, whether it is because you are
currently dieting
but when you were first pumping and running this regimen worked ok.  Perhaps
is happening because you are having less insulin overall because you are not
eating so much, so not having to take so much insulin.  Maybe just this
amount is just enough to send your bg high during exercise.

I have no experience of pumping as my daughter is still on injections so I
might be taking a load of B******s.  We used to have a strange effect when
Sasha exercised when her bg were slightly raised and the BG go up due to
lack of insulin in the cells. A real big increase from 8 or 9 mmols to 18 -
20mmols in an hour.  We had to make her eat slightly more and give more
insulin and the problem when away.

Could it be that you are making ketones because you are burning fat and that
is causing insulin resistance??  Anyone???

It sounds like you do need more insulin when running to supply the cells
with glucose.

I am sure you have thought of this yourself, I hope  there are other that
have an explanation.

Didn't Di used to have this problem sometimes?