Re: [IPk] Diet, Exercise + raised BGMIs

Hi Bev
You may find that doing one or the other is enough. There can be a very fine
line between having not enough insulin and your BG going high, and having
enough and your BG dropping. Especially if you just take a bolus before
running. Personally I would go for eating a banana and bolusing as normal for
it, at least an hour before you run, then not touching your insulin.
Don't forget your glucose tabs :-)
I would also test immediately after you finish, but that will only really
give you useful evidence if you're actually low then (in which case you could
be rebounding).
Let us know how you get on. And I'm very glad you posted that, because it
only just occurred to me that that was why I went high last night after
dancing! It's also just occurred to me that when I take part in dance
competitions, it's probably the fact that I tend not to eat all day rather
than the fact that I'm nervous which tends to make my BG rise! Doh......
My teammates are always hassling me because I don't eat during competitions -
I never feel like it - but now I know they're right!!!!