[IPk] Diet, Exercise + raised BGMs

I was wondering if anyone knows of a link between dieting,
exercising and unexpected high BGMs?  I run regularly 2 or 3
times a week and prior to trying a pump the running would
cause my BGMs to rise from say 7 to around 20 after 2.5
miles.  Since going on the pump I have found that keeping the
pump at its usual rate (no reduction works best for me) has
been fine for the past 5 months.  Suddenly though the old
problem is back.  I had a BGM of 5 this morning when I woke
up.  I had a glass of milk for breakfast (7 am) and then went
for a run at midday with a bgm of 7.8.  At 13:00 (after a
shower) my BGM was 18.6!.  The same thing happened last week
with a rise from 6.2 to 17.6.  I am on a diet at the moment
(lost a stone).  I don't east breakfast (glass of milk) and I
don't eat lunch (except on days when I run when I follow the
run with some fruit and a small slice of plain cake).  I
prefer to eat a meal in the evening with a couple of glasses
of wine.  This is I accept not the perfect diet but it works
for me and I really don't get hungry in the day (especially
with a bgm of 18.6!)

Do you think the reduction in food is placing my body under
increased stress when I run causing the high BGM?  I am
loathe to increase insulin levels when I run but that appears
to be the next step.  Checking my BGM after a mile seems
ridiculous (and I don't want to carry the kit with me).  I
don't believe I go low when I run as I feel fine.  I may
check it next time as soon as I get back in (rather than
after I shower) just to be sure its not a rebound thing!

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader

Phone: 0118  929 2422