[IPk] Strips for meters and US mg/dl

I have been asked a question by an American mother, whose 14 year old son is
coming over to England for several weeks on a school trip.  She has one of
those new Medisense meters called  InDuo. She was just wondering  about
strips, although he will bring another meter with him, will the strips that
you buy here work in the meters.  I assume they would work just the same
even though their meters are set to read in Md/dl.  Am I correct in assuming
that is right?

 Obviously he will bring extra strips, but if there was an emergency and the
meter/strips were lost or damaged.

Kind Regards

Jackie Jacombs