Re: [IPk] air travel

>I've never had a doctor's letter or anything saying I had diabetes in 20
>years of travelling, until a few months ago, when I travelled soon after Sep
>11 and was told by the airline it would be good to have a doctor's letter.
>The GP's receptionist said "why do you want one?" but when I told her the
>airline had recommended it she got one done for me. If they'd said no I would
>probably just have written one myself :-) They're hardly going to bother to
>ring up the surgery and check that it's real....

Don't you believe it Di! They'll do whatever is necessary to ensure the
safety of plane and passengers, and security intelligence can change

A friend of mine was flying El Al from Frankfurt to Tel Aviv to take part
in a concert. He was travelling separately from the rest of the party,
which aroused suspicions. He was not allowed onto the plane until security
had telephoned the management at the Tel Aviv concert hall, and received
confirmation that this chap was indeed giving the concert as claimed.

mailto:email @ redacted