Re: [IPk] air travel

> Stay cool Abigail... I got a doctor's letter in 1977 for the
> Bristol-Bordeaux school exchange. I forget when the letter finally fell
> apart.

I've never had a doctor's letter or anything saying I had diabetes in 20
years of travelling, until a few months ago, when I travelled soon after Sep
11 and was told by the airline it would be good to have a doctor's letter.
The GP's receptionist said "why do you want one?" but when I told her the
airline had recommended it she got one done for me. If they'd said no I would
probably just have written one myself :-) They're hardly going to bother to
ring up the surgery and check that it's real....
Of course, I never had to produce it.