RE: [IPk] air travel

I've been to Dublin and Denmark on planes since Sept 11.  The first time
I was v. assiduous, got a drs letter, told the people on the x-ray
machine.  Once my bag had gone through they pulled it off for searching.
Horror!  cold sweat!!  Anyway it turned out that the metal part of my
hair clip (packed in my bag for cosmetic and not medical purposes) had
looked like a knife on the x-ray...  The second time I didn't tell anyone
and sailed straight through.