RE: [IPk] air travel

Hi Abigail

Sorry for the delay in my reply but I was myself flying
yesterday from Heathrow to Aberdeen and back for a meeting.
This is something I do at least once a month and I never
declare anything and never have a doctor's letter.  I don't
even think about it.  At Heathrow I walked through with no
problems (pump under jacket so it wasn't visible for them to
even ask about it, although this wasn't deliberate).  All my
emergency supplies in my briefcase which was x-rayed again
with no problems (nor have there ever been).  On the way back
I set off the X-ray machine at Aberdeen (buckle on shoe
probably, some machines are just more sensitive than
others)and was frisked (soles of my shoes also checked).  I
was asked to remove my pager (I explained it was an insulin
pump) and it was simply checked to see that it was working
(the time and date on the screen was enough and I was waived
through).  If I was to fly internationaly (which I do 4 or 5
times a year)I might think about a doctor's letter, but then
again I never have before and will probably forget!

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader

Phone: 0118  929 2422