Re: [IPk] pilates and BGs

On Thursday 24 January 2002 19:57, you wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been doing Pilates now for a few months and find it great,
> especially for stretching and building up strength in the tummy muscles,
> what my teacher calls "the power house". I have found that it reduces BG
> levels spectacularly. After going hypo during the first classes, I now make
> sure I eat before Pilates, and during the class I remove my pump
> altogether. My teacher prepares for me a glass of sugary water - just in
> case. After the class I still reduce the basal rate for about an hour.
> Truly recommended. Sara

Wow, your class must be a lot more energetic than mine is, Sara!
I found in the class I went to yesterday, we didn't really do any stretching,
although it was clearly good for building strength in the tummy muscles. I
expected to feel it the next day but surprisingly I don't feel a thing. Then
again, I actually have very strong stomach muscles, I just don't use them
when I should!