[IPk] Re: Glargine

Hi all, I understand that Glargine has been approved throughout the EU
(that's how drugs are licensed now), but has not arrived in UK or Ireland
yet, mainly because of a very high uptake in the US and inadequate
production to meet demand. It is being used in some countries (eg Germany).

When supplies are available, I don't think there'll be much delay in its
being approved in our healthcare systems and being offered by professionals.
It won't suit everyone, but is probably an improvement on existing
long-acting insulins.

It should be out by Summertime.

Tony O'Sullivan