Re: [IPk] pilates and BGs

> Sorry it's probably
> a bit late by now, but I found with Pilates/yoga that it was very
> chill-out and despite not being strenuous it did require a reduction in
> the basal (to 70% or so for me).  Normally I'm a stress bunny so maybe it
> was the lack of adrenaline... Hope you enjoyed it! K

Hi Katherine
Well my Bg had been running a little high all day, and it was high just
before the class, so I took a small bolus and then did the hour's class
without adjusting anything. At the end of the class my Bg was 5.2. So that
was fine, but I'd have to see what happens when my Bg is normal to start
with. I suspect I won't have to do anything at all insulin-wise, as it was
very non-strenuous.

I did enjoy the class but it seemed like we didn't accomplish very much. I
did a Pilates video a few weeks ago, and learnt far more in doing that for
half an hour (I didn't get through to the end because people kept phoning me
up!) than I did in an hour's class. She spent so much time talking and not
much time teaching things. But I think I already understood most of the
concepts, from my dance lessons where we get taught a lot of the same things
about core stability, whereas it was probably a new concept to most people
there. I did feel very relaxed at the end of the class. The main problem was
that she switched almost all the lights off, and in any case it was very hard
to see what she was doing. I know I could have said something, but I
Anyway, I think I will continue doing Pilates, because I do like the concept,
but probably just do it with a video and maybe go to the occasional class.
Oh, and I had no problems with the pump itself. I just clipped it onto my
shorts on my hip and didn't have to move it at all (we spent all the lesson
either standing up or lying on our backs).
Thanks for all the advice!