Re: longacting insulins was Re: [IPk] Glucowatch by Cygnus

>Jake is on a pump now, and we have not had any seizures w/ it, but I still
>check him at night a lot. The last seizure he had he didn't talk for almost
>10 hours, we thought he had brain damage. I vowed right then he'd never have
>another one if I never got to sleep more than 2 hours at a time. That's why
>we are excited more about the low alarm on the glucowatch than the fact he
>doesn't have to stick his fingers anymore! Thanks, Trena (mom to Jake 11)

Hi Trena -

I've not used a GlucoWatch, although I looked quite carefully at buying one
a few months ago (I didn't buy it for various complex reasons). The
impression I get (see http://www.insulin-pumpers.org.uk/glucowatch) is that
while it works well for some people, it does not work well for others. ie
we are all different. Of the 5 people that offered comments, 1 thought it
was great, 3 sent it back, and 1 I'm not sure about. So if it becomes
generally available in America, I guess you'll have to keep your fingers
crossed, try it, and if it works for your son - great. If it doesn't, don't
be too disappointed.

Would I be right in thinking that it's been released early in Britain - and
before it's been perfected - since we don't have class action law suits
here??? Or am I being a cynic?

mailto:email @ redacted