Re: [IPk] RE: hands and feet...extra question

Hi Ingrid,

I used to feel exactly that way, Ingrid, and now I wish I _had_ gone in
for the tests and useless advice, because at least I'd have more
information on how beneficial the pump has been.  Also, I guess, should
my kidneys have started to fail, or something else they would have
picked it up.

In fact, I'd have done the tests and said 'send me the results for my
records, and if there's any changes which you think I should be making,
or extra treatment I should have, call me in, but if you are not able to
make any recommendations other than 'relax, and carry on', let's not
waste our time by meeting'.

Hindsight, however, is very different vision!

Sooo... I'd apologise (never hurts) for missing the data collection
exercise on the 17th, and re-arrange it and the subsequent GP clinic.

>Why is it that so many of us who are out there trying to prevent being even
>more a burden on the health system than we already are getting into trouble
>so much????

I feel this is because diabetes is a condition which need holistic long-
term, partnership-based treatment, but the NHS is set up to treat the
condition not the person, is more short-term than local government
(working to 12 month cycles rather than 4 year cycles), is not 'joined
up' to social benefits/losses and is inherently patricarchal, racist,
sexist (and ablitst).

We get into trouble partly because we are pointing out that the Emperor
has no clothes (or rather, that we understand that nudity has its place,
and works for some people, it's just that we'd rather the Emperor, in
our house, put on a pair of trousers).

Finally, do you have a duvet?  I find duvets are such nice things for
going and screaming into, on occasions.

With best wishes,

(who is planning to die in 3085: that way, I can just about finish all
currently planned projects)
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)