[IPk] RE: hands and feet...extra question

Hi all
I've been in hiding for a while and skulking in the background but the recent
mail on hands has got me interested! Last Thursday I saw my doctor at Guy's
and raised a problem I've been increasingly experiencing. My hands are tingly
and "freeze up" alot and I get cramp like symptoms in my feet, resulting in
complete pain when one of them completely seized up for about half an hour
(felt much longer as these things always do!) Anyway he replied without any
introduction that he doesn't want to "drag in surgeons to operate on my hands
yet as there are plenty of things he could try" Here's the embarrassing bit
but after he said that he told me to come back in 6 months time and I didn't
ask him anything I just walked out. I was upset as my HBA1c had gone from 9.9
to 10.2 overall and I've had two lots of laser surgery in the past 5 months
(due more tomorrow) but now I'm worried about what he meant! He is leaving the
hospital so when I return it will be a new doctor. I guess thats a good thing
as when I was telling him I'm keen to do anything to lower my constantly high
blood he told me to consider myself lucky as he had spent the morning with a
patient who was diabetic, had just had a heart attack and wa in renal failure.
I asked how old the man was and he was 36. I reminded my doctor I was 29 had
everything but heart and kidney problems and was trying desperately not to be
that man in a few years time. I think he thought I was being my usual
"difficult" self. I expressed an interest in the G.I index and he told me not
to get carried away...still I'm jumping that I didn't ask him more about my
hands :) Any suggestions would be great so I can go off and research it
myself. Thanks

Hilly.      feeling a little better after all that strangely :)