Re: [IPk] Glucowatch by Cygnus

>I am from the states, but signed on the UK IP site to find out more info
>about the glucowatch you have in the UK. I've read everything on their
>website, but I know firsthand experience is best. My 11 year old son goes low
>and seizures at night, so we are really excited about the alarm on the
>Glucowatch (my granny always said something to good to be true usually is) I
>hope this is not what people in the UK are finding out about the glucowatch.
>I have set the clock and checked him 3-4 times a night for the last 4 years
>and it is starting to affect me physically. For some reason though it is
>taking forever to get approval and marketed in the states. If you have any
>information about it and what we can expect please write back.
>Thanks so much, Trena (mom to Jake)
Hi Trena,

Why don't you look into a pump, which is much more widely available in
the US than it is in the UK.  Being unable to find a long-acting insulin
which is active enough during the morning, but not active during the
night is a classic case of pump need!

Best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 9 months+, used to go hypo most nights, too, I think
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)