[IPk] Re: Neuropathy

Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 22:16:20 -0000
From: "Dave Sayer" <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IPk] Neuropathy

Hi Julian,
Yep! I have them all, but I hav'nt noticed any improvement in fact its
become worse since pumping but apparantly this is because I now have some
sensitivity back, also I notice a lot quicker if my sugars are going high
and also my hypo warning are more noticable.
     I find it very uncomfortable at most times but especially at night, I
also have cheiroarthropathy in my hands which is possibly early Dupuytren's
which is another lovely diabetic related problem, so as you may guess I
encourage organ transplant and would like a whole knew body please, if
anyone has a healthy one to donate :-)))

Best regards

Yes since I have been on the pump I can now feel the highs and lows quicker.
What is cheiroarthropathy?

Can neuropathy occur in the hands, I was told it doesnt, yet a diabetic
online once told me it does?

And while the list is quiet I have another question regarding problem sites.
I use Sub-Q-Sets with the steel needle so I need to be extra careful, most
of the time sites just get a bit red but one particular site at the moment
is sore and red around next to the site, what would occur next if the site
needs medical attention?  At the moment it just feels bruised like what
would happen when injecting into a bad spot and a bruise came up, my levels
are ok!  The needle length is 1.2cm, when I was injecting I preffered the
shorter needles maybe I should enquire if there is shorter needles
available, does any one know if this would help?