[IPk] IOdd (high) HaB1c results

In message <email @ redacted>, Michael
<email @ redacted> writes
>> My son, 12 has been on the pump for 6 months, during this time his
>> HBA1c has increased from 7.1 to 9.2.  Could this be due to the onset
>> of puberty or the fact that he is no longer having hypos 2/3 times a
>> day.  He is concerned about the increase, as am I, any suggestions.
>Check that he does not have nocturnal lows and then rebound. This
>would usually be accompanied by somewhat unstable bg's during the day
>and stubborn daytime highs.
>hba1c's in the 9's seems very unusual for someone on a pump.

Can you look at his meter averages, and see if they are telling the same
story?  With a HbA1c he should have been averaging 8.5 before, and 12.0
now (plasma, I think).  http://www.geocities.com/diabeteschart/intlbgcha
rt.html.  The scientific stuff (but unfortunately only with a cruder,
and US measurement chart) is at http://www.missouri.edu/~diabetes/ngsp/g

Best wishes to all,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)