[IPk] 37 year old male scared of needles????????

I've been trying some sample infusion sets.  I'm going on a Disetronic pump in just over a week.  Ive tried inserting a Tender set but it felt blunt and I just couldn't get it in and it hurt.  It was probably my technique that was wrong.  I then tried a sof-set with a sofserter.  I didn't have the bottle to push the button because I wasn't sure what to expect.  I settled for a polyfin in the end which was painless to insert but I would still prefer teflon.  I think my biggest problem is having to use my tummy.  I've never used that as an injection site.

Is there anyone out there who felt the same at first?  How did you get on in the end?

Yes, I know the saying "Don't be a wimp and stick it in" but I need to hear something a little more constructive.