Re: [IPk] Any swimmers?

I'm not a big fan of swimming, but I do like baths!

I have always used "that Euro shaped" bit of plastic
when in the bath, but for what reason I don't know!
Maybe it's just superstition, or ignorance. Does it
stop water getting in or insulin getting out?

Any scientists out there please let me know.
Jenny

--- email @ redacted wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I was just wondering if people who swim after
> disconnecting their Silohoette (excuse
> spelling!)infusion set re-prime the cannula (not
> tubing)with one unit after reconnecting. The cover
> for the infusion site has a little hole in it so I
> imagine it is possible for the insulin left in the
> cannula to leak out or at least be diluted.
> On another point, got my morning levels sorted out -
> my basal rate actually doubles (0.6 to 1.2) between
> 3 and 11 AM, this seems like a big jump but works
> well.
> Many thanks
> Richie

> HELP@insulin-pumpers.org