Re: [IPk] Any swimmers?

> The clippy cover thing (shaped like a euro symbol don't you think?) which
> falls out of the Tender/Silhouette box (and which I've never used) I think
> is there to guide a needle, should you wish to inject into the
> Tender/Silhouette.

Oh, I thought the clippy cover thing was just to cover the end of the set
when you disconnect (should you be mudbathing). I never realised it had a
hole in.

> I never suspend or stop my pump when I disconnect it (for a bath, say)
> since the continual trickle of basal rate will reduce the risk of air-born
> bugs and nasties getting into the system.

If you do suspend, it's wise to reprime afterwards (usually a half unit
should do it - just watch till insulin trickles out of the end of the tubing)
as sometimes the insulin can go back up the tube a little.
If you don't suspend, you shouldn't need to reprime.