Re: [IPk] Any swimmers?

Hi Richie
I used to swim quite a bit and I would usually take a bolus of between 0.5 -
1 unit on reconnecting afterwards, to make up for the missed insulin. I use
Silhouettes too. Normally for exercise I need to reconnect or unsuspend the
pump about 30 mins before I finish exercising. Obviously when swimming you
can't do this, so I needed to take an extra bolus when I did reconnect
However, I don't think you should need to actually reprime the cannula,
because the insulin can't actually leak out when the line is disconnected
(it's a kind of one-way thing). Similarly, water can't get in because there's
no pressure to force it in. Unless you were mudbathing then it's pretty safe.
But in any case if you put the cover on there shouldn't be a hole anyway, as
far as I remember. That's the point of the cover.

As for dawn syndrome, that's a big increase but not totally surprising. My
rate increases by about 50% during the morning. If it works, then great!