Re: [IPk] Paying vs Prescriptions (was Hypos and awareness)

In a message dated 1/9/2002 11:37:07 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Thanks!  I'm trying with micropore at the moment - I put down two strips
> >>with about 1cm between them, then the transparent film.  I've been
> >>nervous about the adhesion, but it seems ok.
> >>
> >>If this reduces the irritation, I'll try launching a softset through
> >>micropore tomorrow.

Hi! I am new to the UK IP mail, but I read this and thought I might could
help. My son was sensitive to the softset adhesive and we lost sites every 2
days, plus they were always red and irritated. We changed to the minimed
Quicksets and have not had any trouble w/ irritation. Also the best part is
no additional taping or adhesives, they stay on just like they come even
during sweaty practices! His sites also will now last forever. He went w/ his
dad on a hunting trip for 7 days and the rascal did not change his site once,
just refilled his reservoir. It was working on the 7th ay as well as the
first, and I was shocked it wasn't infected or red. You might want to try the
quicksets. Hope this may help! Trena