Re: [IPk] Paying vs Prescriptions (was Hypos and awareness)

Hi Carmel!

Glad I didn't offend you.

In message <email @ redacted>, Carmel Matthews
<email @ redacted> writes
>I think my HBa1c needs to come down a bit more although it
>has come down from 10.8 to 8.2
I think someone here posted a few days ago that a drop of 1 in HBa1c
meant a 14% drop in chance of complications ... but whatever, the bottom
line is both 'yes, there is further to go' and that's a fantastic
reduction.  I think you get to a point when further improvements, and
hopefully, longer life, come at the expense of the quality of life.
It's a different point for everyone, because bodies and lifestyle
choices differ.

>Was it you that said that pump therapy
>reached it's optimum control by 6 months I am still fine tuning it !

Yes, I was told that by several people.  But it's not true for me,
either: I got dramatic improvements in the first six weeks, since then
it has been a very slow process, with some distinct 'steps' in
improvement as I've worked out various things.  Maybe the six-month
thing is for people who can work at their pump therapy full-time?

dm 30+, 508 9months+
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)