[IPk] Paying vs Prescriptions (was Hypos and awareness)

Dear Carmel,
I didn't mean to imply that anyone getting it on prescription was
getting anything they weren't entitled to - whether or not they get the
pump and consumables funded.

Isn't it odd that they are happy to prescribe you the dressings?  Taking
it to the logical conclusion - if the pump is doing you good, it is
saving the NHS money, and should be funded.  Since they don't fund, it
means they think it doesn't do you good.  They know by sticking the tube
into you every few days, you are opening yourself up to the risk of a
serious infection, which can cost them serious money ... but instead of
telling you to stop, they positively encourage you.

Best wishes to all,

Pat

In message <email @ redacted>, Carmel Matthews
<email @ redacted> writes