Re: [IPk] Opsite, Tegaderm etc

Morning, Thanks for tips on getting dressing tape, I'll be off to the GPs
(as soon as they see fit to let me have an appointment... )  I'm lucky
not to be allergic to the Silhouette/Tender adhesive, but I find that if
I don't put tape over the top, the red bump/itchiness at the point of
insertion comes quicker and is worse. This is why I think it happens.  If
you look at the set, it seems the teflon catheter goes out from the
plastic button, down through the clear window and then into the person.
There's a hole in the clear window to allow it  to do this. But maybe
that hole also lets water etc in close to the insertion point, and maybe
that's what makes the site a bit redder. A bit of tape over that window
(but not over the quick release) seals it and stops that happening.  Of
course it could all be in my mind.....! K