Re: [IPk] Travels with my pump

Before Christmas, I flew via Brussels to Barcelona.

Security at Heathrow OK-ish (random hand baggage checks on entry to
aircraft, wasn't singled out.  At Barcelona wasn't as strict (explained
that the pump was 'medical', and wasn't even wand-checked).

The best security was at Brussels (and by 'best' I mean 'most likely to
inconvenience people with knives, while not being unduly restrictive or
at all inconsiderate to people with pumps). Both times was unable to
pass through the arch without sounding the alarm, said I was wearing a
pump, and was escorted to a booth where had a wand and patting all over
body search and visual inspection of the pump insertion site.  My
husband, wearing steel toecapped shoes, had the same procedure, except
he didn't get to have his stomach looked at.

I do think they should have a 'fast track for people who will go beep'
through the scanners.  And people wearing steel toecapped shoes should
take them off and put them through the xray machine!

Best wishes to all,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)