Re: [IPk] Travels with my pump

As the mother of Steven (an eleven year old pump user) I have to write
and say that we've just returned from Christmas in Dubai and for the
first time since Steven being diagnosed, we (myself, my two other
children and Steven) have had the most relaxing holiday we have ever had
thanks to the pump!  The flights were uncomplicated - (boluses at 3am &
6am with the aeroplane food) and we weren't stopped or questioned at all
about Steven's pump or supplies at Manchester, Charles de Gaulle or
Dubai airports.

Steven has eaten later in the evenings with everyone else, slept in
later in the mornings, had no lunch or a late lunch whatever he wanted -
we've controlled the diabetes rather that the diabetes controlling our
holiday.  The only stressful part was making sure Steven didn't jump in
the swimming pool still attached to his pump..... kids!

Yes, and we're missing the sunshine too!!

Alison Orchard

Alison Orchard