[IPk] Travels with my pump

Hi all (or should I say "y'all")

I have just come back from my first long haul break
since being on the pump and it was so easy!

I went to the States about 5 years ago soon after
diagnosis and my diabetes team (ok, I won't name names
but I was under a pretty poor hospital at the time)
hummed and hahhed for the best part of a week trying
to decide how I should play the whole long-acting
insulin thing.

This time I just adjusted the clock on my pump and
there I was - bloods nearly all in single figures,
despite all the Texan food and ale!

I just thought I would share this happy experience
with you :-)

By the way, despite having syringes, lancets etc in my
hand luggage I didn't even have my bag searched at
either end. Bonus.

IDDM 6 years, Minimed 508 7 months and loving it!

Jenny Davey
Mathematics Department
Esher College
020 8398 0291