[IPk] Macrovascular Complications

Ive just been reading on the internet that tight blood glucose control does
not decrease the risk of macrovascular complications. Is this true ? If so
what is the point ? Also do the statistics quoted for degree of risk of
complications take into account developments in the last 15 years such as self
blood testing. Ive also read that the amount of insulin you take also
increases your risk of macrovascular complications. Is this true ? This is
particularly worrying since due to my current weight I am on rather a large
daily dosage.