Re: [IPk] D Tron/H Tron

>     You'll find most people in the group use minimed's I can't say I
>honestly know much about them, If you want the address and number of
>Disetronic so you can contact Estelle let me know. Anything else just ask.

We don't keep figures about who in this group uses what pump, but I think
Disetronic and MiniMed have the UK market split about 50/50. Both
companies' pumps are excellent and the differences are very minor. Ideally,
you should ask to try both companies' pumps for a trial month - then you
can make an informed decision.

There's been some talk of Disetronic infusion sets etc. Any infusion set
can be used on any pump. They are all compatible with each other. (But
don't be surprised if a company encourages you to use their own sets - it's
their commercial interest to). And new pumpers will do well to try all the
available infusion sets. There's a list of UK sets at

and a video of someone inserting a Tender/Silhouette.

If you get your sets from your clinic, and they don't stock a particular
set, ask. Make a fuss.

mailto:email @ redacted