[IPk] More on tape/dressing

Dear all,

When you write about using Opsite or Tegaderm (or other 'dressings' or
'tape'), how do you use it?

I use softset sets (the 'straight down' kind rather than the 'slide
sideways' silhouettes).  As far as I remember, silhouettes do  not come
with a small piece of sticky plastic to sheild the skin from the
chemicals in the glue on the set; softsets have this 'optional extra'.
I am very allergic to the chemicals on the silhouettes, and quite
allergic to those on the softsets.  I can, however, tolerate micropore

I imagine that you are putting tape or 'dressing' (not sure what that
is) on the skin before putting the set through.  Do you have to cut a
hole, or do you put down two strips and push the needle between?  If the
latter, don't you get an allergic line down the gap?  Or do you put down
four strips, leaving a little hole to push the needle through?

Best wishes to all,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)