Re: [IPk] skiing......

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, you wrote:
>Hi Di,
>
>What an intro to skiing!
>
>I hope your wrist isn't too sore, and that you get it out of plaster (?)
>soon.
>

>Ingrid

It's not so bad now, but the first few days it hurt like hell.....and the
trip to the hospital was rather prolonged......
Interesting that although I had reduced my insulin substantially for the
anticipated skiing that day, most of which I didn't do, but my BG remained
normal until about 6 hours later when it inreased a little. Normally bshock
etc makes it skyrocket. And I was really in shock for the first few hours -
feeling really faint and sick. After the first day, my BG was again normal
- again strange as I would have expected it to be high for ages.
On the following day I had to change my infusion set - with one hand - my
left one too. Very tricky - I got the first one in but it fell out almost
instantly - but the 2nd one was perfect! I was so relieved I didn't have to
too. And of course I ca only use the fingers on the right hand fot
pricking. I might start using the vampire blood sucker thing that works on
your arm etc.

 5 more weeks in plaster - I think I'm going to go nuts!
Di