Re: [IPk] designer needing help

In message <email @ redacted>, Martin
Bontoft <email @ redacted> writes
>Right now we're working on a glucose sensor that can be worn and that can
>measure blood glucose levels constantly.  It will, however, have a little
>sensor that will fit just under the skin.  Clearly I want to make sure that
>this will be acceptable and not cause any significant pain or discomfort.

D'you know, I'd accept quite significant discomfort to get a constant bg
monitor.  Discomfort like a rough edge to a tooth or pain like a small
bruise.  I'd accept being hooked up to something the size of a one
volume Lord of the Rings.

This is what being a diabetic is like, for me: it's like being a pilot,
and you are in a plane with no windows.  Flying on instruments.  Now:
choose, a bit of pain/discomfort, and a altimeter you can see all the
time, or what we have now - a fair amount of pain/discomfort, and you
can see the altimeter ten times a day (and be told that you are
obsessive for doing so).

Me, I'd rather not hit the ground, even if avoiding it hurts a bit.

Best wishes

(the seriously weird one)
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)