[IPk] query: links about hypoglycaemia

Hi all -

I know a few people who never have high (over 8 mmol) BGs, but who often
have BGs in the 2s and low 3s, accompanied by headaches, weakness or
faintness. I've found general info about hypoglycaemia outside of diabetes,
but I haven't found anything yet that tells me what this means in terms of
a person's overall physiology, if there are any long term consequences, and
its relation to diabetes/ the potential to develop diabetes. I'm
particularly interested in the last possible link, because two of the three
people I can think of off the top of my head who have regular hypoglycaemia
also have close relatives with diabetes.