[IPn] Can you help?

To all  Insulin Pumpers list members. This is the start of the
Winter funding drive. We must raise $2000 from on-line sources for
each of the months of January, February, and March. Just like the
public radio funding drives, I dislike fund raising, it is intrusive
and annoying. Unfortunately, it is necessary and must be done. In any
event, if we can raise the entire $6000 in one fell swoop then we can
have a quiet few months until the next funding drive or we can do it

Who should donate??
If you are financially able, subscribe to the mail list, and feel it
contributes to your well being, the management of your diabetes or
helps you solve problems that come up, then you should contribute to
the support of the forum. There are just a few shy of 3000 members
now and a small annual contribution from each would easily provide
our funding needs. Unfortunately, not everyone contributes so the few
who do support the many who do not.

Why should you contribute??
Insulin Pumpers is a non-profit organization that "gives away" its
services. The services still must be paid for. Simple things like
rent, utilities and so on.... People with diabetes are at times
isolated from the rest of society either by happenstance or simply
because they are different. This can make a person feel lonely and
depressed. Forums like Insulin Pumpers provide a 'home' and sense of
community where everyone shares similar concerns and can find a
friend or a helping hand any time 24 hours a day. This is a valuable
resource that deserves your support so that all may benefit.

Who supports the forum now??
The majority of funding come from the forum members. Aside from the
pump companies, each of whom has contributed generously, only the
forum members help support Insulin Pumpers. I've tried raising money
from industry with poor results. In our most recent attempt, the top
300 Silicon Valley technology companies, the top law firms serving
Silicon Valley and all the venture capital companies -- you know, the
guys rolling in dough!!! were contacted -- about 600 all together.
The results were 16 sorry letters and $15.00 in postage due. Bottom
line... It's up to us collectively to support our forum. Less than
$10.00 from each member every year would do the job. Since everyone
 cannot contribute, please give what you can.

How to contribute.
You can make a one time donation to help with this funding drive. You
can give a continuing donation for a year by making a monthly pledge
of $10 or $20 per month. This type of gift is very helpful because it
provides a predictable steady income that we can count on.
Or...., you can go big time and place a challenge of $100 or more to
the list membership which they must match with their individual
donations. This is one of our most valuable sources of income.
Challenging the membership to match your contribution has always
brought a double or triple whammy for the Insulin Pumpers forum.

To see the progress of this funding drive, visit the Thank You page
of the web site and view the chart at the bottom. So far this month
we've manage a couple of hundred dollars. And, unfortunately, the
last three months we've been short so your help is really needed.

Where to Contribute.
For single and recurring donations use the Insulin Pumpers donor page

For Challenges, use the Insulin Pumpers challenge gift page at:

OR, mail your check to:

Insulin Pumpers
4600 El Camino Real - Suite 206B
Los Altos, CA 94022