Re: [IPk] Are you a cyborg??

>This is an absolutely spot-on article (I think), on life with an insulin
>pump, that touches briefly on the greater philosophical context.

Lovely. I've put a link to it at http://www.insulin-pumpers.org.uk

I liked this para:

The insulin infusion pump is not a cure for diabetes. A pump doesn't adjust
automatically; the wearer has to program it and make adjustments based on
frequent blood sugar monitoring, intimate and detailed self-knowledge and a
sophisticated understanding of the interplay of diet, exercise and insulin.
Using a pump isn't really less work than doing insulin injections; it's
just that the hard work can be separated more easily from everyday life and
is more likely to pay off in good control

mailto:email @ redacted