Re: [IPk] New infusion sites - High BG's

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, you wrote:
>When do you change your sets? I discovered that if I changed after a meal
>bolus, I had a similar problem and I wondered why. Then I noticed that when
>I removed the old set, there was a leakage of insulin from the site. This
>was obviously insulin I had bolused for and was not getting! Hence the high

I occasionally have the leakage problem, but only  when I've had a
not-very-good set in, e.g. if it's slighlty bent or not been absorbing very
well.  If the set has been fine, it doesn't leak when I remove it. I use the
Silhouette sets - I would guess that different types of sets make this
problem more or less likely (deeper you go, the less chance of leakage).