Re: [IPk] clinic comedy of errors - again!

>Never a dull moment with you, is there? :-)
but I don't understand what you meant about knocking your finger off the
line/set and why you needed to change the tubing?

oh. I hit the little bit of metal that the insulin comes out of. My hands
certainly weren't aseptic, so I had to change the line so I wasn't infusing
insulin plus whatever bacteria happened to be on my fingers at the time. I
mayn't always wash my hands before changing a set, but if I touch or cough
on that metal bit that infuses the insulin, I change the line.

I had great luck recently with a site just above my hip bone, which lasted
ages. The one that gave me problems today was below my hip, more on my leg,
really. I shall be avoiding it in future.