Re: [IPk] nasty nasty hypo

In message <000001c07b38$5ad0eb00$email @ redacted>, Anne Lindale  &
Alexander Lange <email @ redacted> writes
>It's good to know I'm in good company.  Yes, I've had similar experiences.
Me too.
>And yes, I've often enough tested at 1.1 to 1.3.  Like you Elizabeth, I test
>when I'm hypo.  More out of curiosity though.  And the number of times I've
>delayed taking glucose (or anything) just to get that test in first is
>really ridiculous (my excuse is that at that time your brain is addled).
>And of course that's when you stuff the test up and it comes up with an
>error message.
Me too.  Indeed, to such an extent that when I test because I feel I
might be low, but want to check (could just be tired), if I stuff up the
meter twice, I give up and eat.  Actually, my rule for myself is stuff
up once, and eat, but when I'm low, I argue with myself that I made the
mistake because of some other reason, and try again to prove to myself
that's the case.  (I really am _not_ a good person to give diabetes to,
I'm too bolshy).
I've been OK at 1.2. (OK meaning I knew I was hypo and seriously low,
but capable of going and getting orange juice out of the fridge, and to
go and measure the bg while drinking it).

Best wishes to all,
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)