[IPk] A question for you DPhils and PhDs (turns out to be about adrenalin)

My thanks for your responses.  I was particularly thankful that you
pointed out the adrenaline component in becoming coherent again.  Soon
as I read that, it explained a lot of the way I felt (what an intensity
of feeling!)  Maybe I need a blood adrenaline meter ...

It's interesting, adrenaline usually sends me low, not high.  When I
learned to drive, and went out on my own, I was terrified of going hypo
at the wheel, and the sheer bloody terror meant that I could, and did,
stop at every hour at a National Trust property and consume a cream tea
or real coke, without taking any insulin to cover it (and had to).

What the massive dose of adrenaline it seems to have done is
strengthened the dawn phenomenon, and also made insulin response at
higher bg levels weaker, while insulin-to-carb rations at normal levels
remain the same.  Without lots of finger-sticking, graph-producing work
I don't know for sure. I'm putting this off until I get the pump.
Latest news is that the clinic itself is waiting for some health
authority or other (its own? Kent's?) to agree to funding, so despite
having got my own funding (from West Surrey) in place, nothing is
happening this week.

Best wishes to all,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)