[IPk] Colds and basal rates

After John's post about increasing his basal rate with a threatening cold, I
considered increasing my basal last night as I have had a nasty cough,
and a threatening cold and sore throat (which usually send my BGs up high) ,
and my BGs were high all yesterday afternoon. In the light of
John's experience, I decided not to, which was just as well since I woke up
this am with a BG of 3.3 with my normal basal!
This opposite effect must be catching!