Re: [IPk] nasty nasty hypo

On Mon, 08 Jan 2001, you wrote:
>It was a lesson to
>me to always check I have enough glucose tabs,
>now that i think about it, i always have spare tabs in my blue diabetes
>bag, which i always have with me ... where i also have glucagon. i think i
>win the prize for bloody eejit!

Well, when you're hypo your brain doesn't function properly (or at least,
mine doesn't). Although I know I always have tabs, I often forget that I
have them when I'm actually hypo.
However, at least with a pump you do have the option of turning it off when
you're completely stuck.
it's not exactly a fast way to treat a hypo, but it works eventually.