[IPk] longterm illness book

there are  a couple of Irish trainees on the same scheme as me who
frequently refer to the fact that

"everything is free" on the NHS ie that we in Britain have it easy.
 If I lived in Eire I'd be about 7-800 a year richer
the above misconception infuriates me
I do have a plan to approach my health authority when my HbA1c has reached
the below 8% mark which I think I can achieve ( last reading 8.2 prepump 9.6
with about 4 hypos a week) I feel that if it is in the 7s it will impress
more and I,d have more success. I achieve far more normal readings now but
unfortunatley threw away my prepump diaries so I can't use these as