Re: [IPk] Minimed batteries

>In the US, the batteries from Minimed come with the clamp mechanism so that
>health insurance will pay for the batteries.  I was told that insurance would
>not pay for batteries alone which makes little sense since the pump does not
>run without them.

It's all a fiddle, I'm sure. But since the batteries are "standard" items,
there is an excellent market for selling them on. So if insurance companies
provide them free of charge, some people - heaven forbid! - would seize the
opportunity to make an extra little bit of money on the side. Who is to say
how long that last lot of batteries *really* lasted? :o(

mailto:email @ redacted