Re: [IPk] Minimed batteries

In a message dated 1/4/2001 6:19:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<
  >But I get my
 kit under >the German system, and what they do here - cunningly - is to put
 12 >batteries inside each box of MiniMed 3ml reservoirs. I don't think that
 is >done in the UK - whether for legal reasons, or what, I don't know.

In the US, the batteries from Minimed come with the clamp mechanism so that
health insurance will pay for the batteries.  I was told that insurance would
not pay for batteries alone which makes little sense since the pump does not
run without them.

Phyllis Dobin
Silver Spring, MD (USA)