Re: [IPk] Minimed batteries

What brand are your batteries? Do they come labelled 'Minimed'?  My chemist
orders my batteries from Accuscience (the Minimed supplier), but they're
Energizer batteries, and a box costs ... 5 punts for 10.  That's much
cheaper than what you paid, even figuring the appalling punt/sterling
exchange!  Perhpas I don't pay VAT on batteries? My batteries generally
last me a month, although I've noticed they drain much more quickly when I
use the back light a lot. My pump doubles as a handy clock in the middle of
the night!

I had a look at the maplins website, who stock Maxell SR44W for 2.544 inc.
VAT, per battery as far as I can see. Perhaps the Vanta batteries weren't
high drain batteries.  Apparently there's a couple types of silver oxide
batteries, and high drain are for things like clocks with alarms and back
lights. My Energizer batteries are high drain. So when you go looking for
batteries in the shops, you should probably a) ask for high drain, and b)
go to an electronics supplier.