[IPk] Minimed batteries

Here's a word of warning about pump batteries - at least for the Minimed
Don't get anything except the MInimed supplied batteries, because it's
unlikely they'll last anything like as long.
For some reason the ones I was given by the clinic were Varta ones, and
they lasted between 4 - 10 days, whereas the Minimed ones normally last me
2 months! And then to make matters worse, I ran out over Christmas and
couldn't get any more. I was on my last set of batteries well after the lo
battery sign had come up, and the clinic was closed, so I spent a whole
morning hunting around the shops in Sheffield to find some more. Everywhere
obvious i tried claimed they didn't have them or had sold out. Finally i
went to a jewellers, where I was sold 3 Sony batteries for the exorbitant
price of 6 pounds per battery. I asked why they were so expensive, and they
said they were super duper ones and guaranteed for a year. Well, they
lasted all of 5 days! I have a feeling though that if I take them back and
complain they didn't last a year, they'll tell me they were only guaranteed
in watches, or something. But that's really outrageous. Anyway, the good
news is I went to the clinic this morning and they gave me some proper
Minimed batteries. They said that Minimed had sent them the Varta ones last
time, and other people had complained about them not lasting very long. But
it sounds a bit odd that Minimed (or rather, AMT) would have sent Varta
ones instead of Minimed ones. I guess that's an expensive lesson never
to trust non-Minimed batteries and to make sure I have plenty of spare ones!