[IPk] Richard Walsh

Hi Richard
I'm 27 and currently in the 2nd year of VTS
I only wish I'd started pumping years ago like when I first started my
housejobs. It wasn't much fun hurrying to the loo to take my shot of
actrapid then having to guzzle down my sandwhiches immediately in case the
cardiac arrest bleep went off- not to mention the hypos caused by the long
hours. Unfortunately it wasn't until my control really deteriorated that I
considered pumping and I feel it's given me a new lease of life.
I like the disetronic although I never gave the minimed pump a trial. Both
have got their advantages.if you decide to start using a pump it might be
worth trialling them both. I think you will find the pump invaluable for
coping with long working hours irregular meals etc. The only thing you must
undertake regularly is testing (not usually a problem in a hospital) I hope
the cost won't be a deterrent while you are a student- are you likely to get