Re: [IPk] Re: Sunbeds

On Wed, 03 Jan 2001, you wrote:
>Could you use this as an opportunity to change your site? I would bolus a
>certain amount before the session (possibly .1 unit or so less than my
>basal rate for that hour, just to be safe), and then remove the set. After
>a shower after the sunbed, I would insert my new set.

Ummm, I wouldn't take any insulin beforehand, because heat causes insulin
to be absorbed much faster than usual, and you'd probably go low. I'd wait
till afterwards to bolus what you've missed.

  >I think
inufsion sets can take a lot of damage, but in this case I think it >would
be best to change the set.

Personally I wouldn't bother, because I don't think direct heat has much
impact on infusion sets. I don't think it's really any different to
sunbathing. I would just disconnect during the subned session.